Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Time: Never

I haven't read any of the Twilight series, except for a few sentences at Cleolinda's LiveJournal deconstruction of the final book. One of my friends just posted this sample paragraph:
Edward in the sunlight was shocking. I couldn't get used to it, though I'd been staring at him all afternoon. His skin, white despite the faint flush from yesterday's hunting trip, literally sparkled, like thousands of tiny diamonds were embedded in the surface. He lay perfectly still in the grass, his shirt open over his sculpted, incandescent chest, his scintillating arms bare. His glistening, pale lavender lids were shut, though of course he didn't sleep. A perfect statue, carved in some unknown stone, smooth like marble, glittering like crystal.
I ... have no words. Seriously, I can't describe it! Stephanie Myers has chewed up all the adjectives in the world and spit them back out! And people are eating up her regurgitations!

Yeah, I think I'll skip this tripe. J.K. Rowling may not be the best writer in the world, but I'd rather have simple than purple.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's so bad I could've written it.

Shannon Noelle said...

You could write better than that with half your brain tied behind your back!