Wednesday, May 20, 2009

57 Channels and Nothing On

I was thrilled to see that ABC renewed Castle. Sister and I have been watching from the first episode, and it's fun, smart, witty, and sweet. Hits all my favorites in one neat package. Nathan Fillion is at his devilishly charming best, and Castle's relationships with all three of the women in his life (his daughter, his mother, and Detective Beckett) are complex and interesting. I can't wait to see where they go next year.

Dollhouse's renewal also made me happy, albeit more for others than for myself. I've only seen a couple of episodes, and the premise still makes me very uncomfortable, but I've heard it's much better now that they've gotten into the meat of the story, and Alan Tudyk was outstanding in the penultimate episode. I'll definitely be giving it another shot.

Of course, selfishly, my primary concern is that the schedules are all settled, so maybe some more "Firefly" people will be able to commit to Dragon*Con. ;-)

No comments: