Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Charity December: Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS

Each day during December, I'll be featuring a charitable organization that I support. These are my personal choices and reflect nothing other than that.

I'd planned a different charity for today, but with the news that As the World Turns has been cancelled, I'm moving this one up the list, in honor of Van Hansis and Jake Silbermann, who play Luke and Noah on the show. They've been big supporters of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, and as a long-time Broadway fan, so have I (well before I started watching ATWT). BC/EFA works through the theater industry to raise funds to provide services to people with AIDS and other critical illnesses, both through programs for those working in the entertainment industry and through grants to community-based service organizations.

No comments: