Thursday, December 10, 2009

Charity December: Equality Now

Each day during December, I'll be featuring a charitable organization that I support. These are my personal choices and reflect nothing other than that.

Note: I was sick on December 9, which is why I had to miss a day.


I discovered Equality Now through the annual Can't Stop the Serenity events, which combine screenings of Serenity (the "Firefly" movie) with auctions, raffles, and other fund-raising opportunities that benefit Equality Now (as well as other organizations). Equality Now's purpose is to end violence and discrimination against women and girls throughout the world. From their website: "Issues of urgent concern to Equality Now include rape, domestic violence, reproductive rights, trafficking of women, female genital mutilation, and the denial of equal access to economic opportunity and political participation."

No comments: